Site Home > Off-Campus Life > Off-Campus Living Resources > Providence Public Nuisance City Ordinance
Providence Public Nuisance City Ordinance
Public nuisance exists at any property where:
- Five or more people are gathered.
- Any illegal activity is taking place (i.e. under-age consumption of alcohol, charging for alcohol, selling alcohol, drinking on public streets etc.)
- The activity creates a substantial disturbance to a significant portion of the neighborhood.
Public Nuisance Consequences
- Notice is posted for 6 months and the Notice is mailed to owner of property.
- Police may issue a $500 fine to be paid individually by the owner, tenants, and/or attendees.